Unlock the Intuitive Creative Power of Your Right Brain
ALL LEVELS DRAWING AND PAINTING WORKSHOP
9.30am – 4.30pm, Saturday 19 August 2017
Join me to discover the power of your right brain to create art!
Art is a fantastically versatile non-verbal language that people of any age can use to give substance to their dreams or imaginings. Thoughts and feelings that might otherwise remain internalised can be expressed, giving rise to pleasure, relief from frustration and greater self-assurance.
In general, verbal language dominates our thinking and functioning and as a result R-mode thinking can feel strange and ‘off the wall’, while L-mode thinking feels natural or normal.
This painting workshop will explore accessing your visual, perceptual right hemisphere by presenting your brain intuitive tasks that your verbal, analytic left hemisphere, will turn down.
I will guide you to discover how to be mindfully present as you create art without any attachment to a product. Despite any preconceptions you may have about your ability with art, you will experience the meditative benefits that arise from being fully immersed in the non-verbal process of painting and drawing.
We will work in my studio, in the lower Blue Mountains where I will share my expertise and passion with you. No matter what your level or experience, you will learn how to:
• Use simple meditation to stimulate creativity
• Access your right brain using a variety of drawing and painting exercises
• Approach art making intuitively
• Explore expressive mark-making and imaginative image-making
• Perceive and use negative space in a picture
• Know how and when to edit and take new directions with an image
• Finish / resolve a painting
• Understand how to develop your work at home
Call me with any questions you may have, I’d love to chat with you, ph. 0432 922 653
WORKSHOP TIMES AND DATES
The workshop will run Saturday 19 August, 9.30am – 4.30pm
My studio is in Jamison St, Blaxland, NSW 2774, in the lower Blue Mountains.
Lunch, fresh fruit, cookies, water, tea and coffee are included in the workshop. Please let me know when booking, if you have special dietary requirements. Late bookings may mean that special dietary requirements cannot be accommodated.
You must be 16 and over to attend this workshop unless otherwise agreed. A parent or guardian must provide written permission for you to participate if you are under 18.
By train from Sydney – Trains run regularly on the Blue Mountains Line, from Central station, stopping at major junctions like Strathfield and Parramatta. If you would like to be collected from the train station please arrange this with me.
By car from Sydney – It takes approximately 70 minutes from Sydney CBD or 50 minutes from Homebush to travel along the M4 to Blaxland.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
Places for the workshop are limited and will be allocated in the order of bookings received with full payment. You can book via my website www.corinneloxton.com.au or by telephone ph. 0432 922 653. I will then invoice you $160 and provide you with bank transfer details. Once your direct bank payment is processed, you will receive an email confirmation, along with detailed information about the workshop.
Early Bird bookings: $145 Prior to 22 July 2017
%10 discount for pensioners / if you book for more than one workshop/ if you bring a friend
I reserve the right to cancel the workshop if minimum enrolments are not reached two weeks prior to the workshop date or for circumstances beyond my control. You will be offered placements in an alternative workshop or a refund of all fees.
As I rely on group numbers for this workshop, the following cancellation fees will be charged if you choose to cancel or do not attend:
· On or before 22 July – FULL REFUND
· Between 23 July – 5 August - 50% of workshop fee
· After 5 August 2017 – 100% of workshop fee
By purchasing this workshop you agree that you have read and agree to the above conditions.
You may choose to pay an additional $15 to cover all materials or bring your own.
EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
· A3 watercolour or canvas paper pad
· 2 painting knives/palette knives
· Assortment of hog’s bristle (stiff) & soft brushes
· Sketchbook & felt tip pen
· 4B, 6B Pencils
· Camera is optional
· Palette is optional – I will supply some and cling wrap to cover between uses.
PLEASE NOTE These colours are only a guide. If you already have paints, just ensure you have a cool and a warm of each of the primaries to bring along. I am happy to supplement what you have.
· Cool yellow such as Lemon / Cadmium yellow light
· Warm yellow such as Cadmium yellow deep / Golden yellow
· Yellow ochre
· Burnt umber
· Warm red such as Cadmium red light / Spectrum Red
· Cool red such as Crimson / Rose / Spectrum Red Deep
· Magenta / Violet
· Warm blue such as Ultramarine blue / Cobalt blue
· Cool blue such as Pthalo blue or Prussian Blue
· Other colours are optional, but you can mix a full spectrum using these colours.