Intensive Studio Practice
Blaxland, Lower Blue Mountains
Sunday 16 July and/or 20 August 2017, 9.30am – 4.30pm
Bring your ideas and together we will turn them into paintings!
1 day of tuition for all levels, lunch, morning & afternoon tea for $145
Bookings ph. 0432 922 653 or here
Do you feel unsure how to develop your own painting technique and style? Do you need help with colour use, composition or how to apply paint to give the appearance of a particular object or atmosphere?
In Intensive Studio Practice I will support and guide you as you improve your painting skills and techniques. I will share my expertise in colour mixing and perspective, brush technique and mark making. I will instruct you in the use of various mediums, grounds and the essential elements of composition and design.
Using your chosen subject matter, I will give you personalised attention and individualised assistance to create the paintings you aspire to. No matter what your level or experience, you will grow in confidence and ability to create paintings as you connect with like-minded and interesting people.
Call me with any questions you may have, I’d love to chat with you, ph. 0432 922 653
You will be assisted by me to:
• Approach your subject matter creatively and thoughtfully to plan a painting
• Create a balanced, interesting and engaging composition using the elements of design
• Use a range of brushes and painting knives to stipple, scumble, blend etc.
• Experiment with different methods of applying paint to build up an image
• Progress through the stages of the creative process without losing focus or confidence
• Understand the value and limits of photographic source material
• Know how and when to edit and take new directions with an image
• Finish / resolve a painting
• Understand how to develop your work at home
WORKSHOP TIMES AND DATES
9.30am – 4.30pm, Sunday July 16 and Sunday August 20
My studio is at 12 Jamison St, Blaxland, NSW 2774, which is in the lower Blue Mountains.
Lunch, fresh fruit, cookies, water, tea and coffee are included in the workshop fees. Please let me know if you have special dietary requirements at the time of booking. Last minute bookings may make it impossible to cater for dietary restrictions.
You must be 16 and over to attend this workshop unless otherwise agreed. A parent or guardian must provide written permission for you to participate if you are under 18.
By train from Sydney – Trains run regularly on the Blue Mountains Line, from Central station, stopping at major junctions like Strathfield and Parramatta. If you would like to be collected from the train station please arrange this with me.
By car from Sydney – It takes approximately 70 minutes from Sydney CBD or 50 minutes from Homebush to travel along the M4 to Blaxland.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
Places for the workshop are limited to 6 and will be allocated in the order of bookings received with full payment. You can book here or by telephone ph. 0432 922 653. I will then invoice you $145 and provide you with bank transfer details. Once your direct bank payment is processed, you will receive an email confirmation, along with more detailed information about the workshop.
%10 discount for pensioners on application
I reserve the right to cancel the workshop if minimum enrolments are not reached two weeks prior to the workshop date or for circumstances beyond my control. You will be offered placements in an alternative workshop or a refund of all fees.
As I rely on group numbers for this workshop, the following cancellation fees will be charged if you choose to cancel or do not attend:
· On or before 4 weeks prior to workshop - FULL REFUND
· Between 4 and 2 weeks prior to workshop - 50% of workshop fee
· Less than 2 weeks prior to workshop - 100% of workshop fee
By purchasing this workshop you agree that you have read and agree to the above conditions.